The Pristine™ DiamondTip™ kit introduces an aesthetic experience not found in conventional, crystal-based treatments. The Pristine™ microdermabrasion system is based on two sole functions: exfoliation and vacuum. Incorporating genuine, laser-cut diamonds into its treatment heads...
Laser and IPL Treatment
Dermatologic Surgery Specialists offer the most experienced aesthetic laser and IPL treatments in Macon, as well as Central and South Georgia. Under the supervision of Dr. David Kent, our physicians and laser technicians offer a large menu of laser services to maintain, enhance and restore a youthful, fresh appearance to your skin. We have over 35 years of experience of when and when not to use lasers to improve ones’ skin issues.
Understanding how lasers and IPL work is very straight forward. A laser generates a high-intensity beam of light that has many applications in medicine. The light produced by the laser has a single wavelength, similar to changing one pure color from a rainbow. Depending on the color chosen, the laser energy is only absorbed by certain tissues. For example, a laser beam can pass safely through the surface of the skin but will destroy blood vessels or the pigment in a hair follicle that lies below the skins surface. An Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) device is different from a laser in that the IPL devices emit many wavelengths of light.
What does a laser or IPL treatment feel like? Most patients admit to feeling a faint stinging momentarily. Some procedures such as fractional resurfacing recommend the patient uses a numbing cream.
- Intense Pulsed Light Hair Removal / www.palomarmedical.com
- Intense Pulsed Light Photo Facial / www.palomarmedical.com – In Macon and South Georgia are treatments using an Intense Pulsed Light or IPL device to accomplish three objectives:
- Removal of Unwanted Brown spots
- Removal of Unwanted Small blood vessels and treatment of a "ruddy" complexion
- Improvement of the texture and luster of the skin
- Laserscope KTP 532 Aura laser
- SlimLipo Body Sculpting Laser / www.palomarmedical.com
- ICON Fractional Skin Resurfacing / www.palomarmedical.com – Dermatologic Surgery Specialists is the only medical practice in central and south Georgia to offer expert fractional laser resurfacing for the face to remove wrinkles and tighten skin. We offer both non-ablative (no disruption of the epidermis) and resurfacing using the Palomar 1540 laser which improves acne scarring, other facial scars and skin tightening. We also offer ablative resurfacing which dramatically removes wrinkles and tightens skin utilizing the Palomar Fractional Erbium 2940 laser hand piece.
Dr. Kent regularly trains other physicians in both his laser suite in Macon and lectures nationally on fractional skin rejuvenation. Dr. Kent provides fractional 2940 and the new 2940 optic treatments which are safe and have a rapid recovery. According to Dr. Kent, "The beauty of using the Palomar 2940 to remove wrinkles is that not only is it very effective but the patients look natural."
Laser body sculpting is the 21st century solution for contouring your physique and quickly achieving the body you want. SlimLipo treats your problem areas gently but firmly — removing fat and reducing irregular contouring. This highly-targeted laser lipolysis...