Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the hair, nails, skin and its diseases. It is a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects.A dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.
Our board certified and fellowship trained doctors and staff specialize in a wide variety of skin concerns including skin growths, moles, diagnosing and treating skin cancers, acne and acne scarring, rashes, psoriasis, hair loss, and anything concerned with the skin. We see patients of all ages from newborns to adults of any age - all the way up to our special patients over 100 years old. If you live in Macon, Warner Robins, Lake Oconee area, or anywhere in central or South Georgia, our practice focuses on your needs and concerns. We treat each and every patient as if they were our children.
- General Dermatology- any diagnostic and treatment service for common and difficult skin conditions for patients of any age.
- Evaluation and treatment of acne and acne scarring
- Evaluation of common skin growths and biopsies if necessary
- Skin cancer- evaluation and treatment of all types of skin cancer especially difficult and recurrent skin cancers of the face, eyelids, and elsewhere
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery by fellowship trained ACMS Dermatologists
- Psoriasis treatment- comprehensive management options for patients with difficult to control psoriasis which include biologic agents and light therapy.
- Atopic Dermatitis and rashes of any type.
- Hair loss and nail disorders
- Minor skin procedures including the removal of common growths- warts, skin tags, moles, and age spots
- Women’s and men’s skin care programs
- Cosmetic laser services- laser hair removal, Photofacials, removal of unwanted age spots and tiny blood vessels.
SKIN CARE CONSULTATIONS
Our skin care professionals will evaluate your skin care needs with a personalized consultation. Whether you need mineral makeup, improvement and removal of scars, skin freshening, facials, skin peels, or rejuvenation, our professional staff works directly with our board certified dermatologists to design a treatment program special for you.
Call us at (478)- 742-2180 or (800)-755-3714 to schedule your complementary consultation and let us help you with your skin care needs and concerns.
Today, there are many effective acne treatments. This does not mean that every acne treatment works for everyone who has acne. But it does mean that virtually every case of acne can be controlled. To diagnose acne, we will first examine your skin to...
One in five Americans will develop some type of skin cancer over the course of their lifetimes. With early detection and treatment, however, most skin cancers are completely curable. Early detection and treatment of any form of skin cancer is essential...
Everyone loses hair. It is normal to lose about 50-100 hairs every day. If you see bald patches or lots of thinning, you may be experiencing hair loss. There are many causes of hair loss. Women may notice hair loss after giving birth. People under a lot of stress...
Our skin is always changing, and you may notice new freckles, spots or growths. Most skin growths are benign, but it is important to have a dermatologist inspect them to be sure. The most common type of skin growth is a skin tag, a small, flesh-colored piece of...
Psoriasis is a chronic (long-lasting) disease. It develops when a person’s immune system sends faulty signals that tell skin cells to grow too quickly. New skin cells form in days rather than weeks. The body does not shed these excess skin cells. The skin cells pile up on the surface of the skin...
Nail disorders and diseases are distinct from diseases of the skin. Although nails are a skin appendage, they have their own signs and symptoms which may relate to other medical conditions. Deformity or disease of the nails may be referred to as onychosis.